SCHUTZ: SUBSCRIBE, REFER AND WIN OFFICIAL RULES
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
You also agree that your entrance and/or participation in this campaign indicates your agreement to the Rules without modification. If you do not agree to the Rules or any portion of them, please do not submit your registration.
Please also read these Rules carefully—they affect your legal rights, including your right to sue. Our contact information is listed at the end of these Rules.
Finally, by entering and participating in this campaign, you represent, warrant and agree that you are at least 18 years old, have reached the age of legal majority where you reside, and have the legal authority to provide the information and waive and release those Claims described in these Rules.
• This campaign is open to any legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who is at least 18 years old and has reached the age of legal majority in the jurisdiction in which he or she resides, except that the following individuals are not eligible to enter or participate in the campaign: (a) any individual on the United States Office of Foreign Asset Control’s Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons list; (b) residents of Crimea - Region Of Ukraine, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria; and/or (c) residents of any country or other jurisdiction against which the United States has imposed trade sanctions such that their residents’ entry into and/or participation in these campaign is prohibited. In addition, the individuals listed in the following paragraph may not enter this campaign.
• Employees of Sponsor or its affiliates, and any of such entities’ related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of this Campaign or production or distribution of its materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible.
• The SCHUTZ REFER AND WIN campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
• Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility requirements.
WHEN TO PLAY
The SHUTZ REFER AND WIN Campaign begins on Saturday, September 19th, 2020, at 9:00am Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) and ends on Sunday, September 20th, 2020, at 11:59 pm EDT (the “Campaign Period.”). The Sponsor’s (including its agent’s) computer is the official time-keeping device for the Campaign.
HOW TO ENTER
• How to Enter. There is no purchase necessary to enter the Campaign. Making a purchase will not improve your chances of winning. All entries must be submitted online. To enter the Campaign, visit https://schutz-shoes.com/pages/subscribe-refer-win (the “Landing Page” or “LP”). Once you’re on the LP, follow the instructions on the web page to complete the entry form in its entirety and submit your entry. You’ll be asked to provide your name, email address and mobile number. You will also be required to provide Name and Email of 3 friends that you would like to know SCHUTZ brand. We will collect, store and use the information you provide in your entry to operate and administer the campaign and also for those purposes described in the following section. Limit one entry per Entrant. Please do not attempt to submit additional entries using multiple email addresses or you will be disqualified. Please provide an accurate email address, as we will use this to contact you if you are selected as a potential winner.
• Personal Information.
• If you are selected as a Winner, we may also disclose (i) your first and last name, city and state of residence via social media and our website(s) as one of the Winners of the Campaign; and (ii) your first initial, last name and city and state of residence to any third-party who requests that we provide them with a Winner List.
• We will not provide your Personal Information to any third party other than (i) as provided for in these Rules; and/or (ii) to our contractors, agencies and business partners who may assist us for the business purposes described in (a) but only to the extent required for them to do so. We will also treat all Personal Information as required by applicable laws.
HOW TO WIN; ODDS OF WINNING.
- We will pick the first 500 (five hundred) entries from the pool of valid and eligible entries. This selection will happen until September 22nd, 2020. Upon fulfillment of the criteria set forth in these Rules (and in particular those set forth in this section), we will confirm the 500 distinct participants that will receive a code to redeem a free shoe in our website. Sponsor does not guarantee that any individual Entrant will become the Winner.
- We will notify winners via the email address he or she provided in his or her entry. The winners may be required to execute and return, within seventy-two (72) hours of notification, an affidavit attesting to his or her eligibility, a liability waiver and an IRS W-9 form (where applicable) to be confirmed as a Winner (all such documents, the “Additional Documents”). The Additional Documents will require the potential winner to furnish his/her social security number for the sole purpose of tax reporting, as required by law. The Additional Documents must be signed and returned by the date indicated in the communication with which they are provided, or the potential winner will be disqualified.
- If a potential winner cannot be contacted by the information provided in his or her entry, fails to sign and return the Additional Documents within the required time period (as applicable) and/or the potential winner is otherwise disqualified as permitted in these Rules, the potential winner forfeits the free shoe code.
- Receiving the Free Shoe Code is contingent upon compliance with these Rules. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner will be selected, by order of registration/subscription, from among all remaining eligible entries in the manner set forth above.
- No one is a Winner unless and until the Sponsor officially confirms him/her as a Winner in accordance with these Official Rules.
- The Prizes. We will award 500 (five hundred) unique discount codes with an individual discount of $ 120 (one hundred and twenty dollars) each. Each code can be applied only once in the website checkout page to grant this exact discount when placing an order with one of the specific shoe styles available in the SCHUTZ REFER AND WIN collection page (https://schutz-shoes.com/collections/subscribe-refer-win).
- Receiving the Prize. Once the winners are confirmed, we will make contact electronically, through the email address provided in the registration process. This may happen within one (1) to five (5) day after the end of the SCHUTZ AND REFER campaign period. All discount codes will be informed via email. Once having access to the discount code, the winner will have to access the link informed in the email, in the section indicated as “CHOOSE YOUR FREE SHOE”. This access will redirect the winner to the SCHUTZ REFER AND WIN collection page, where the winner can choose one (1) style, in the color and size available in the moment he/she accesses the page. After selecting the choice, the winner must complete all required information to complete the order and then inform the discount code in the field that requires this information. The discount code must be informed the same way it was informed in the received email. For last, the winner must complete the transaction by clicking on the “PAY NOW” button. No shipping fee will be charged. If no other products are selected except the one (1) chosen in the SCHUTZ REFER AND WIN collection page, then the placed order will be free of charges. Payments must only be made in case:
- The winner selects more than one (1) product
- The winner selects a product not eligible for this campaign
- The winner selects a product priced over $ 120 (one hundred and twenty dollars)
- Taxes are applicable
- Additional Restrictions, Terms and Conditions for Prize Redemption. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash or merchandise of any kind except as provided herein or as required by applicable law. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the Prize or component thereof of equal or greater value if the Prize or component thereof cannot be awarded for any reason. Any costs or expenses relating to the Campaign, the Prize or the redemption of the Prize are the responsibility of the Winner. We do not guarantee inventory availability in all sizes and colors for the chosen shoe style during the selection. Winners must consider the current availability when choosing the shoe style. Only one (1) Return or Exchange is applicable and free of charges for the selected shoe style in this Campaign, and must follow the instructions and rules detailed in our Return Policy (https://schutz-shoes.com/pages/returns)
- Taxes. Any federal, provincial, state and local taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Rules, including for winning the Prize, are your sole responsibility and we may issue an IRS 1099 Tax Form for the fair market value of the Grand Prize that you win in the calendar year that you win it.
Please read this section particularly carefully as it affects your legal rights, including your right to sue.
• Assumption of Risk; Waiver and Release of Liability.
• You acknowledge and agree that your participation in the Campaign and, if applicable, your redemption of the Prize, is undertaken voluntarily and entirely at your own risk and you agree to assume all such risk, including risk of property damage, bodily injury or death, and all other damage or potential damage, whether known or unknown to you.
• Without limiting your obligations in the next paragraph, you agree to release us, and our subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, employees, officers, directors, advertising and promotion and agencies, administrators, prize component providers and related entities (together, the “Released Parties”) from, and forever give up and waive your right to sue or claim against any of them for, any and all claims, causes, suits or other liability, loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, whether known or unknown to you (together, “Claims”), arising out of, caused by, resulting from or relating to this Campaign, these Rules, your participation in the Campaign, our use of your Personal Information as permitted herein, and/or your use or misuse of the Prize, including without limitation, property damages, personal injury and/or death, defamation or invasion of privacy, infringement of publicity rights, and merchandise delivery. Please note that this waiver and release specifically extends to Claims or portions of Claims alleging or arising as the result of Released Parties’ negligence.
• You acknowledge and agree that the foregoing waiver and release will be binding on your heirs, estate, successors and assigns.
FOR RESIDENTS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA: You specifically waive the protections of the following law and acknowledge and agree that the Claims described in the following are included in your waiver and release above:
California Civil Code Section 1542: A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor
• Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all Claims brought by third-parties against one or more of the Released Parties and/or suffered or incurred by one or more Released Parties as a result of such third-party Claims to the extent arising out of or relating to your violation of these Rules including, without limitation, your breach of your warranty set forth above.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Without limiting your waiver and release of Claims above, you acknowledge and agree that we assume no responsibility or liability for any of the following: lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, illegible, corrupted or altered entries, any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission of entries, any communications line failure, theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to entries, alteration of entries, technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entries to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Entrants’ or any other persons' computers or smart phone devices related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Campaign.
• General Conditions: We reserve the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Campaign, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond our reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Campaign, as determined by us in our sole discretion. We, in our sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any Entrant we determine to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or to be acting in violation of the Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, we reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Our failure to enforce any term of these Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of them.
• Disputes: By entering this Campaign, you agree to these Rules and our decisions about and interpretation of and in connection with them, all of which are final and binding in all respects. This Campaign and these Rules are governed by the laws of the State of New York, USA, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New York, or the United States courts sitting in New York, for the adjudication for any Claims or disputes arising out of or relating to the Campaign and these Rules. Venue for such disputes will be in the courts of competent jurisdiction located in New York County, NY, USA.
• Rules Request: To request a copy of these Rules, see https://schutz-shoes.com/pages/terms-conditions or email us at CustomerCare@schutzusa.com with subject line: Schutz Campaign Rules Request within thirty (30) days after the end of the Campaign Period. Requests received after that time will not be fulfilled.
If you have any questions about this Campaign, please contact CustomerCare@schutzusa.com.
SPONSOR: Arzz International Inc. dba Schutz, 595 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10022.