CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
Last Updated: December 31, 2022
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information that identifies, relates to, or describes, or is capable of being associated with you (“personal information) such as:
- Identifiers. We collect personal identifiers such as name, phone number, email address, billing address, shipping address, password, driver’s license number, device id, and IP address.
- Audio, electronic, and visual information. We collect audio, electronic, and visual information such as the messages you submit through schutz-shoes.com, emails and texts you send us, messages to delivery recipients, delivery instructions, digital photos you submit through schutz-shoes.com, and call recordings.
- Internet or other and network activity information. We collect information such as IP address, browsing or search history, your interactions with our emails, and data collected through cookies and similar technologies.
- Commercial information. We collect and generate commercial information such as records of merchandise and services purchased, product interests, and payment information (credit/debit card number, expiration date, and bank account information).
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law. We collect information such as age (including date of birth), gender or gender identity, race, ethnicity, and religion.
- Personal characteristics and demographic information. We collect personal characteristics such as your footwear size, marital status, household income range, preferred language, and number and ages of children.
- Geolocation Information. We collect mobile device identifiers and real-time precise geolocation information from mobile app users.
- Professional or employment-related information. We may collect information such as your job title or promotion status.
- Education information. We may collect information related to your education such as highest degree earned.
- Inferences from the information listed above. We use the information listed above to draw inferences about your preferences (such as your preferred brands and styles).
- Personal information as described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e). We collect this information to the extent collected under another category of personal information above.
Some of the personal information listed above may be considered sensitive personal information under relevant privacy laws. This includes precise geolocation data, race, ethnicity, and your VIP account login credentials. Each type of sensitive personal information may overlap with a category of personal information listed above.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE INFORMATION (PURPOSES OF COLLECTION)
We collect and use personal information for general business purposes, such as to:
- Provide you with access to and use of our Sites;
- Facilitate or fulfill the information, products, or services you requested;
- Process payments, returns, or exchanges;
- Communicate with you about orders, deliveries, or otherwise;
- Service your account(s), operate rewards or incentive programs, and manage preferences;
- Conduct surveys or market research;
- Design, develop, and improve our products and services;
- Market our products to you, including interest-based advertising and sweepstakes/contests;
- Market other companies products or services to you;
- Perform data analytics, including monitoring traffic to our Sites;
- Draw inferences about your preferences or interests;
- Operate information security, anti-fraud, and loss prevention programs;
- Retrieve information from and report information to consumer reporting agencies;
- Perform day-to-day business operations such as accounting and internal reporting;
- Respond to governmental and other legal requests; and
- Meet our legal obligations
We use Sensitive personal information for the following purposes:
- Precise geolocation data - to identify what shoppers seem interested in and improve the shopping experience. We may also use geolocation information for marketing purposes and to provide notifications based on your current location.
- Race, ethnicity - as input criteria for marketing campaigns and to conduct analytics.
- Account login credentials - to permit access to customers’ online accounts and operate information security and anti-fraud programs.
We may also use personal information and/or sensitive personal information as described to you at the point of collection, with your consent, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws.
We may sell or share (for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes) personal information to third parties who are not our services providers. These companies may use your personal information for their everyday business purposes, including marketing. Over the past twelve months, we sold/shared Identifiers, Commercial information, personal information as described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e), and Internet and other electronic network activity information to third parties.
RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OF SALES AND SHARING
Although we do not directly monetize your personal information, we may disclose it to third parties or allow third parties to collect it in situations that qualify as a sale or a sharing (for targeted or cross-context advertising purposes) under applicable privacy laws. We do not knowingly sell or share personal information of individuals under the age of 16. If you are a resident of California or Virginia, you have the right to opt-out of these disclosures using the methods described below. Our Sites also recognize and process Global Privacy Control (GPC) signals. If we are able to reasonably associate a GPC signal with an identifiable consumer, we will treat it as a request to opt-out of the sale or sharing of that consumer’s personal information as if the consumer made the request using a method below. If we are not able to reasonably associate a GPC signal with an identifiable consumer, we will treat it as a request to opt-out of the sale or sharing of that user’s personal information collected while the signal is present. While the signal is present, we will also disable any third-party cookies or other third-party tracking tools present on the Sites.
SUBMITTING A DO NOT SELL OR SHARE REQUEST
To make a privacy request, California consumers may call us at 1 661-724-8890. You may also opt-out of sales and sharing using GPC signals as described above.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
We retain each category of personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. We may also retain your personal information for a period of time after our relationship ends due to ongoing business needs to retain it. This includes retention to comply with our legal, regulatory, tax, and/or accounting obligations and for other internal purposes such as marketing and analytics.